Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's hard to believe that we leave in two weeks for Rwanda. As I'm sitting here reflecting on why I'm going on this incredible adventure, I just start to smile. One of my spiritual gifts from the days of high school confirmation is mission. From the job I do on a daily basis and my time growing up in the lutheran church I have always been involved in some sort of mission work.

It's amazing how God leads our lives on different paths but this path in life is leading me to Rwanda. I am very excited to meet an amazing culture and learn about how God is working in their lives at the school and in the country.

Since 2008, I have been very interested in an organization based out of Boulder Colorado called Bead for Life. Bead for Life supports women in Uganda by buying hand made jewelry and other products that are hand made. Through the years I have been involved I've volunteered at the main office and I have hosted many "bead parties" to help out. It's an amazing organization and I've been so excited to share their story. If you are interested please check out bead for life.org I've always been interested in the African Culture, and I'm excited to meet and experience it in Rwanda while helping in any way we are called.

When the chance to go to Rwanda came up early last year through Muhlenburg, my heart jumped at the opportunity! I'm so blessed to have an amazing congregation that supports the work in Rwanda. 

On behalf of Annie, Jean, Lola and myself.....Join us on this adventure!


3 comments: